RESEARCH ASSISTANT / SENIOR RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Emerging researchers with passion and commitment to our work, and current postgraduate (masters or PhD) students (especially those in local area universities) are invited to join as Research Assistants. Highly mature and motivated undergraduate (bachelor) students are also welcome to apply. Research Assistants work collaboratively with Fellows within one of our active Labs.
- Your responsibilities will include helping us to carry out research projects and assisting in the production of articles, policy reports and other materials. We are looking for people with experience and interest in computing or social science, quantitative or qualitative methods, and/or system design and development.
- You will help in preparing and disseminating information on our research, events, publications and announcements on social media and UNU-CS online distribution lists. You may also help to write and post articles, announcement and events on the UNU-CS website.
- You will be supporting the organization of events and conferences, lectures, workshops and other public events.
- Part of your responsibilities may also be to provide administrative support to the research team, institute administration and the Director.
For Research Assistant positions, you need to possess:
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s) in an area related to one of the above-mentioned research labs.
For Senior Research Assistant positions, you need:
- A Master’s degree in relevant area;
- Or a Bachelor’s degree with three or more years of advanced or specialized experience, such as in software design and programming.
Both positions also require:
- Proficiency with modern computer programming and analysis environments.
- Excellent communication skills, with proficiency in both oral and written English.
- Knowledge of social media platforms.
- The ability to engage actively, creatively and imaginatively for the benefit of UNU-CS research.
- Strong interpersonal skills with sensitivity and respect for diversity to facilitate working in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
Send this to friend