Web Content and IT Support Specialist
The United Nations University Institute on Computing and Society (UNU-CS) is seeking to hire a Web Content and IT Support Specialist. Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Director of UNU-CS, or the administrative manager, the successful incumbent should perform the following tasks:
- Assist in the maintenance and operations of the Institute’s web and social media presence ;
- Provide basic website frontend support and change management via popular CMS;
- Manage UNU-CS website and social media platform content updates in collaboration with UNU-CS academic staff;
- Assist in coordination of UNU-CS communications activities;
- Provide quality technical support to UNU-CS and act as a focal point for all ICT related matters for the Institute;
- Proactively maintain hardware and software to ensure ICT systems are functioning optimally; train and support staff to maximize the use of ICT resources for their day-to-day activities and projects;
- Work with computing support colleagues at UNU headquarters to ensure smooth operation of UNU-CS computing infrastructures;
- Install application systems software and hardware according to specifications including new desktops, laptops, mobile and phones , etc.;
- Assist with multimedia functions, including projection equipment, cabling, television, etc. ; assists with conferencing services on audio, video and data services;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Information Management, or a related field;
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience in website content management, systems administration, helpdesk and/or server management;
- Knowledge and experience with troubleshooting;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese languages;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and complete tasks within given timeframes;
- A self-starter and good team player with strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Remuneration will commensurate with qualification and experience of the successful candidate.
Duration of Contract:
This is a full time position on a one (1) year Personnel Service Agreement (PSA) contract with UNU with the possibility for renewal subject to requirements and satisfactory work performance, with the combined duration of appointments not exceeding six (6) years.
The successful candidate will be employed under a local contract and will not hold international civil servant status nor be a “staff member” as defined in the United Nations Staff Rules and Regulations.
Applications from suitably qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged.
As soon as possible
Please visit this vacancy announcement on the UNU website. Interested applicants should submit their applications, preferably by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org ) and must include the following:
- A cover letter setting out: (1) what are your motivations for applying for the post and (2) how your qualifications and experience match the requirements of the position;
- A curriculum vitae and a completed and signed UNU Personal History (P.11) form downloadable from the UNU website. Please avoid using similar forms provided by other United Nations organizations;
- An indication of the reference number of the vacancy announcement (2015/UNU/CS/PSA/WCITSS/63).