As an internationally recruited Research Fellow or Research Assistant, your UNU-CS compensation comes in multiple forms beyond just cash income. Your benefits package includes:
- Regular income which is not subject to income taxes in Macau and is likely not subject to income taxes in any country globally. Your income is also not subject to any payroll taxes (e.g. pension funds) or other deductions (e.g. health insurance). Ask us if you are unsure in your specific case.
- Health insurance for yourself at zero cost or deduction.
- Free lodging in our staff apartment for internationally recruited researchers. The market value of this benefit in Macau is approximately US$2,000 per month.
- Round trip transportation between Macau and your home country.
- Additional benefits may be available to you including a modest dependency allowance.
Please note that this benefit package does not include participation in a United Nations pension plan. You may wish to consider participating, on your own, in a private retirement program.