Thank you for your interest in careers with United Nations University Institute on Computing and Society (UNU-CS). UNU-CS is currently undergoing a transitional period and we are currently only recruiting a limited number of positions.
LOCATION:Macau, Special Administrative Region of China
Under the supervision of the Head of Administration, the Staff Apartment Supervisor will manage the Institute’s accommodation facilities, which is provided to designated members of UNU-CS under the availability of external funding. The work assignment is offsite, at the physical location of the staff apartment.
The successful candidate will be working part-time, with a maximum of 25 hours per month, under a flexible time scheme. He/she may receive work requests and instructions under an on-call basis.
The core responsibilities of the Staff Apartment Supervisor include:
- manage the apartment facilities as the focal point of the staff apartment facilities of UNU-CS
- manage tenant-and-owner relationship on behalf of UNU-CS by facilitating communications when necessary; communications would be both in written (emails) and/or oral format
- prepare the staff units for check-ins & check-outs when required, which includes pre-arrival site inspection, replenishment of supplies based on agreement, and coordination of post-departure cleaning orders with the Institute’s designated cleaning vendor
- facilitate check-ins and check-outs for tenants based on agreed timelines
- assign rooms and units for the designated tenants according to agreement
- safekeep and manage unit keys
- monitor and update monthly utility consumption of the units as required by service providers
- receive and coordinate unit repair and maintenance orders as per the Institute’s policy
Required qualifications and experience
Required qualifications and experience include:
- excellent communication skills with a fluency in spoken and written English; knowledge of spoken Cantonese or Mandarin is a must
- background or work knowledge in hostels, hotels, or real estate property operations would be an asset
- able to work with minimum supervision and demonstrate a high level of self-initiative
- able to commit to a flexible work modality
- strong team player with strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Duration of contract